Belgium GFMD 2007
"Human Capital Development and Labor Mobility: Maximizing Opportunities and Minimizing Risks"
Session 1.1 [ FR | ES ]
Highly skilled migration: balancing interests and responsibilities.
Session 1.2 [ FR | ES ]
Temporary labor migration as a contribution to development: sharing responsibility.
Session 1.3 [ FR | ES ]
The role of other-than government partners in strengthening the developmental contribution of temporary labor migration.
Session 1.4 [ FR | ES ]
How can circular migration and sustainable return serve as development tools?
Session 1.4: Model Session [ FR | ES ]
Setting up a model Circular Migration program.
"Remittances and other diaspora resources: Increasing their net volume and development value"
- Basic Fact Sheet on Remittances [ FR | ES ]
Session 2.1 [ FR | ES ]
Improving the formalization of transfers and reducing their cost.
Session 2.2 [ FR | ES ]
Increasing the micro-impact of remittances on development.
Session 2.3 [ FR | ES ]
Increasing the macro-impact of remittances on development.
Session 2.4 [ FR | ES ]
Working with the diaspora for development.
"Enhancing Institutional and Policy Coherence and Promoting Partnerships"
- Introductory Note
Session 3.1 [ FR | ES ]
Measuring Migration and Development Impacts: Latest Initiatives and Progress
Session 3.3 (Future of the Forum)
CSD Background Papers:
Session 1 [ FR | ES ]
Highly Skilled Migration: Balancing Interests and Responsibilities and Tackling Brain Drain.
Session 2 [ FR | ES ]
Temporary labour migration as contribution to development: sharing responsibility between sending and receiving countries and the role of other-than government partners.
Session 3 [ FR | ES ]
Can Migrants, Countries of Origin and Countries of Destination All Win from Circular Migration?
Session 4 [ FR | ES ]
Remittances and Development: issues and policy opportunities.
Session 5 [ FR | ES ]
Strategies for building diaspora/migrant organization capacity for development.
Session 6 [ FR | ES ]
The value of the “Migration and Development” nexus, and migration out of choice vs. migration out of necessity.
Session 7 [ FR | ES ]
Principles and measures to obtain more coherent and collaborative policy making on migration and development.
Session 8 [ FR | ES ]
Looking ahead: Developing strategies and partnerships to work on ‘migration and development’ issues.
Global Migration Group:
- Involvement of Participating Agencies in the Preparations for the First Meeting of GFMD
- Matrix of Projects/Activities that Could be of Interest to Participants
- Questions and Issues of Relevance to the Interlinkages between International Migration, Gender and Development
- Results of the Survey Migration and Development Projects Activities
Innocenti Research Centre and UNICEF:
- Children OF International Migrants in Indonesia, Thailand, AND THE Philippines: A Review of Evidence and Policies
- Economic Growth and Child Poverty in the CEE/CIS and the Baltic States
- Making Children Visible at the Brussels GFMD
International Labour Organization:
- Integrating Gender into the Roundtable Sessions of the GFMD
- Rights, Labour Migration and Development: The ILO Approach
International Organization for Migration:
IOM, ILO and OSCE
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights:
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Key Titles on Migration
- Migration, Aid and Trade: Policy Coherence for Development
- Policies for Migration and Development: A European Perspective
UNDESA and UNICEF
UNDP and UNICEF
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Children and Migration
- Children and Migration in Ecuador
- Gender and Migration
- Key Messages on Migration
- Moldova: The Situation of Children Left Behind by Migrating Parents
- Philippines Paper: Increasing the Impact OF Remittances on Children’s Rights
- Remittances and Children's Rights: An Overview of Academic and Policy Literature
- Meeting the Challenges of Migration Progress since the ICPD
- State of World Population 2006: A Passage to Hope -Women and International Migration
- Government Delegates
- Observer Delegates
- Operating Modalities [ FR | ES ]
- Presentation of the Roundtable Sessions
- Programme Governmental Days
- M. Armand De Decker, Ministre de la Coopération au Développement [ FR ]
- H.E. Guy Verhofstadt, Prime Minister of Belgium
- H.E. Arturo D. Brion, Secretary of Labor and Employment of the Philippines
- H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- H.E. Sir John Kaputin, Secretary-General of the ACP Group of States
- Mr. Franco Frattini, Vice President of the European Commission
- Professor Ernesto Zedillo, Yale Center for the Study of Globalization